Blog Writer---Questions for Wood Burners!

Friday, October 26, 2007

FORUM…BURNINGISSUES.ORG


Bodhi
Joined: 15 Oct 2006
Posts: 218
Location: Orlando, Florida
http://burningissues.org/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7

I am writing concerning a problem that seems to be getting worse each year. The problem is air pollution. I am speaking of the type of pollution that comes from the new inexpensive status toy. The backyard fire pit. Now even in the summer months, it is almost impossible to open the windows. No matter which way the wind blows, someone is burning their recreational fire. I have come to believe that the only recreational value in this device is for the one burning the wood. Everyone else suffers and gags... so much for consideration of the neighbors. What’s that I hear? "…but its legal." I have a right to burn this wood in my back yard." Maybe so, but driving a car is legal too, do you have the right to drive over people with your car? I find it stunning that so many adults act so childish and inconsiderate.

I challenge the wood burners to answer these questions:
1) when your fire pit is burning, do you leave the windows of your home open?
2) when there is a wind, which side of the pit do you sit on?

Now, I could be wrong but my guess is that you do not leave the windows of YOUR home open as your pit is smoking and burning. I would also bet that you sit in a position where you are not in the direct path of the smoke/fumes and other byproducts of YOUR fire.

Herein lies the problem... try to follow this logic:
your neighbor, who is getting smoked out by YOUR recreational fire cannot move his house out of the path of YOUR smoke. You on the other hand can just get up and move your chair away from the smoke and stink.

I challenge you wood burners to sit in the smoke and stink of YOUR fire instead of moving your chair to the fresh air side. I also challenge you to leave your home windows open while you burn your pit. In the long run, you will drive down the value of your own neighborhood. Try to sell your house then. Who wants to live in a suburb of adult children that smells like a war zone?

~Bodhi

http://burningissues.org/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7

0 comments:

Post a Comment