Clear the air! Calgary Herald, Canada

Friday, July 16, 2010

Clear the air!

By Anne Day

Letter to the Calgary Herald

Calgary Herald July 10, 2010

I am in total agreement with this letter. At the back of my villa are two single family dwellings that both have firepits. They are in use in summer, when everyone likes to have their windows open to enjoy the fresh spring and summer air. However, the smoke drifts into my place, affecting my chronic cough, and I have to close things up. My right to enjoy fresh air is equal to theirs.

I have written twice to my Ald. Ric McIver, and last year, contacted bylaw control. They checked it out but said these were nice people. Nothing was done. I don't know what being "nice" has to do with anything.

© Copyright (c) The Calgary Herald Canada

0 comments:

Post a Comment